How-To Use The English IV Page
English IV Page Organization!
- Stories/Assignments/Projects we are currently working on appear at the top of the page.
- Each story/assignment is indicated by a Seafoam Green Header with story and/or assignment title and the date we began working on said story/assignment.
- If you can't find what you are looking for immediately, it probably means you need to SCROLL DOWN to find stories/assignments we've already completed!
- Vogelicious updates this page weekly - there should be NO problem finding assignments and/or links to stories, PPTs, videos, etc.
Macbeth - 12/11/13
Shakespearean Tragedy Notes - 11/12/13 WOW
Act One Quiz - 11/18/13
Macbeth Act Two Questions - 11/18/13
Macbeth Act Three Questions - 12/02/13
After Thanksgiving Crossword (RAP) - 12/02/13
Act Four Questions - in Vogelicious's "Head" (see notes from Vogel)
Final Test Study Guide - READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!!
Class Notes (use ONLY the notes for your class!)
The English Renaissance - 10/28/13
The English Renaissance - take Cornell notes (3 for each heading) as the WOW for 10/28/13 - scanned copy not available
Sonnet Structure & Analysis - 10/30/13
Sir Gawain & The Green Knight - 11/05/13
The Wife of Bath's Tale - 10/25/13
The Pardoner's Tale - 10/22/13
Chaucer Day Project! - Updated 10/16/13
What Tale are you Reading/Analyzing/Summarizing? Old School: See Vogelicious to give her your email address.
What Tale am I? - Click here to find out (password protected see Vogelicious for username/password)!
Chaucer Day - October 18, 2013
- Dress up as a Pilgrim on your way to Canterbury (See Slideshow on right for ideas) - 100 pts.
- Read/Analyze/Summarize one of Chaucer's Tales not read in class (we read: "The Pardoner's Tale" & "The Wife of Bath's Tale") - 50 pts.
- On Chaucer Day - Tell Your Tale to the Class - 50 pts.
(if you do not wish to WRITE and PRESENT a summary of your tale)
- On Chaucer Day, Memorize and Recite lines 1-41 of "The Prologue" - 50 pts. (a link to download "The Prologue" is below)
(or if you do not with to dress up, present a tale summary or memorize the prologue)
- You will RESEARCH and WRITE an MLA formatted research paper (150 pts.)
Links to Modern Day Tellings of Chaucer's Tales:
Chaucer in Translation (Multiple File Types)
The Canterbury Tales - 09/30/13
Text of "The Prologue" (Download Link)
"The Prologue" General Questions (download link) - answer these on the WOW for 10/02/13
The Canterbury Tales Intro. Notes - Download & Print.
Then, watch the PPT below and fill in the blanks while watching.
iPhone/iPad Users See Below
Page Update 10/05/13
Hero or Villain Essay - 09/24/13
The Iliad - 09/20/13
Grendel & Beowulf Text/Active Reading Questions - 08/27/13
Answer the questions below in Cornell notes style on the WOW side of your ISN as indicated by the Master ISN.